1. Estée Lauder’s Double Wear Foundation. I seriously spent a good month or so trying all kinds of makeup testers, running around with a crazy oily face and no positive results in site. But then I stumbled across a couple of Sephora reviews and immediately went in to get matched and pick up a bottle. I have finally found my foundation! Long-lasting, buildable yet light and lasts all day without running all over my face, yes, yes, yes.
2. Vagabond Emira Chelsea Boots. Adding to my list of black boots I want to add to my never-ending collection of black boots, Vagabond surprised me a couple of years ago and hasn’t let me down since. I know I said I wasn’t going to buy as many new items this year, but these just won’t stop calling my name…
3. Rose mauve. This color has oddly enough stolen my heart this season, which makes no sense to me since I like to surround myself with a steady stream of black-grey-blue and an occasional burgundy or rust-colored item. It has already snuck into my underwear drawer, my basic office wear, and on my to-do list before I leave for LA, I am hoping to paint my nails a similar shade.
4. This little floral bikini from Anthropologie. I know one-pieces are having their year, and while I am almost sold to the idea of adding one to my closet (again failing at the shop less plan) this little two-piece won me over immediately. However, at $220 for the set I might be looking around for a more affordable option.
5. DIY copper and wood hanging light fixture. After my clothing rack took a most terrifying fall at 3 am, I have been dreaming up all kinds of affordable DIY projects to, first of all, get my clothes off the floor, but secondly to make our apartment feel a little bit more like home. Renting can be such a drag sometimes.
6. You can order plants online now? I’m sure this isn’t a new thing at all, but I feel like I was just transported into the future..! If I wasn’t such a mess when it comes to taking care of plants, this is totally where my money would be going. But because I can’t keep anything green alive, I will continue feeling good about spending my money on plane tickets!
As I’m already mentally packing for the trip I booked three days ago and leave for tomorrow (!) it seems like a good time for some inspirational links and fun stuff. I always say I will spend all my money on travel, if needed, and I continue to prove myself right. With anything else I am a frugal fox-even when we broke out the Monopoly board this weekend I held my fake money close. Still, there is something about a good airfare deal that I just can’t resist. Or even just a great opportunity to get out of my rut and into another city.
In this case I will be traveling to Los Angeles to meet up with a childhood friend from Norway and spend a couple of days pretending it’s summer. Any tips are much appreciated since this trip is spontaneous to say the least.